The Canon EOS 5DS R camera, with all the features and capabilities of the EOS 5DS, offers the potential for even greater sharpness and fine detail for specialized situations. It features the same Canon designed and manufactured 50.6 Megapixel sensor, with the low-pass filter (LPF) effect cancelled to provide even more fine edge sharpness and detail for critical subjects such as detailed landscapes, and other situations where getting the sharpest subject detail is a priority.
- Low-pass filter effect cancellation – For photographers wanting the ultimate in high resolution capture, the Canon EOS 5DS R camera has a low-pass filter* (LPF) effect cancellation. While a low-pass filter is useful to reduce color artifacts and moiré typical with digital capture, it also reduces detail at the pixel level. With the LPF disabled, the Canon EOS 5DS R takes full advantage of the original resolving power of the camera’s 50.6 Megapixel sensor. More detail is captured and retained in the original image, perfect for landscape and commercial applications where pixel-level detail is scrutinized and when the sharpest possible image is needed.
- 50.6 Megapixel Full-frame CMOS sensor – The Canon EOS 5DS R camera features Canon’s newest full-frame CMOS sensor. At 50.6 Megapixels, it’s the highest resolution sensor in the history of EOS. It captures 8712 x 5813 effective pixels, delivering images with an unprecedented level of realism perfect for large-scale commercial printing, fine art, significant crops and any number of other high-end applications. Thanks to this amazing sensor, engineered to work in concert with dual DIGIC 6 Image Processors, the Canon EOS 5DS R is a remarkable, high-resolution camera with impressive performance.
- Fine Detail mode in Picture Style – Taking advantage of its sensor’s high-resolution capturing power, the Canon EOS 5DS R camera has a new Picture Style called Fine Detail mode. Fine Detail emphasizes fine edges and patterns or textures by setting the camera’s Sharpness sub-settings, fineness and threshold to their minimum and by lowering contrast settings as well. Prioritizing minute details in the image allows for better gradations, more detailed textures and fine edges for smoother, more polished photographs.
- EOS Scene Detection System with RGB+IR Metering Sensor – The Canon EOS 5DS R camera has an amazing iSA Intelligent Scene Analysis system that employs an independent RGB+IR light sensor with approximately 150,000-pixel resolution. This sensor enables Canon’s Intelligent Tracking and Recognition system (iTR AF) that detects and tracks subjects, automatically switching the AF point to optimize tracking. With new tracking algorithms tailored to recognize faces and colors, this system serves as a brilliant foundation to the Canon EOS 5DS R’s AF system.
- 61-point High Density Reticular AF – For fast, precise AF with sophisticated tracking performance, the EOS 5DS R camera has an advanced, 61-point High Density Reticular AF system with up to 41 cross-type AF points. The Canon EOS 5DS R’s AF system is incredibly sensitive to changes in composition, making adjustments quickly to help ensure consistent, sharp AF. A new RGB+IR AF (with approximately 150,000 pixels) sensor monitors subject motion, and Canon’s iTR Intelligent Tracking and Recognition system synchronizes the active AF point with the subject’s motion, helping to ensure that AF precision is maintained. With focus modes dedicated to the particulars of the shooting environment, the Canon EOS 5DS R realizes a level of focus accuracy befitting its 50.6 Megapixel sensor.
- Advanced Mirror control mechanism and shutter release time lag – The camera shake that occurs from the impact of an SLR’s mirror can leave blurred details in the recorded image. This effect is magnified when working with a super high-resolution sensor like the one found in the Canon EOS 5DS R camera. To counter the effects of conventional, spring-driven SLR mirrors, the Canon EOS 5DS R features a newly developed Mirror Vibration Control system. The camera’s mirror is not controlled by springs but instead is driven by a small motor and cams. This system suppresses the impact typical of the camera’s mirror, significantly reducing impact and its effects on the image. A new Time Release Lag setting, easily accessed on the Canon EOS 5DS R’s menu system, offers added protection against camera shake by setting the shutter release time intentionally longer so the camera does not begin the exposure until after the impact of the camera’s mirror has diffused.
- Anti-flicker feature – With Canon’s Anti-flicker function, the Canon EOS 5DS R camera is able to deliver accurate results under cycling lighting situations. Under flickering light, such as fluorescent lighting, a fast shutter speed may result in an irregular exposure. The Canon EOS 5DS R’s Anti-flicker function detects the frequency and phase of the flicker and captures images near the point of peak brightness when the subject is most likely well illuminated.
- Built-in intervalometer and bulb timer – The Canon EOS 5DS R camera offers time-lapse fixed-point shooting and long exposures without the need for a remote control. The Canon EOS 5DS R’s interval timer takes from 1 to 99 shots at preselected intervals (from 1 second to 99 hours 59 minutes 59 seconds, or unlimited), ideal for shooting flowers as they bloom or clouds drifting through the sky. Captured exposures can even be collected and saved as an HD movie. Its built-in bulb timer keeps the shutter open for a designated amount of time, perfect for night photography, to capture the flow of traffic on a street corner, or any other situation where long exposure photography is warranted.
- 1.3x and 1.6x crop shooting – For still photography, the Canon EOS 5DS R camera features the flexibility of a cropping feature that extends the shooting effect 1.3x and 1.6x. With 50.6 Megapixel capture, cropped shots are possible with plenty of resolution to spare. Images recorded at 1.3x (APS-H) are approximately 30.5 Megapixels (6768 x 4512) Large/Fine JPEG, while images recorded at 1.6x (APS-C) are approximately 19.6 Megapixels (5424 x 3616) Large/Fine JPEG. Particularly useful in extending the range of telephoto lenses, the crop function also improves the Canon EOS 5DS R’s subject tracking capability with almost the entire frame covered with AF points. Image cropping can be displayed in the viewfinder either masked or overlaid with an outline showing the cropped area, and in Live View shooting the image is cropped by the effect chosen. Aspect ratios can also be defined, with the Canon EOS 5DS R shooting in 1:1, 4:3, and 16:9 ratios, in addition to the default 3:2.
- Intelligent Viewfinder II – The Canon EOS 5DS R camera’s Intelligent Viewfinder II makes it easy to both shoot, change and confirm camera settings and shooting modes all without looking away from the viewfinder. Displaying approximately 100% of the composition, the viewfinder can show settings like shooting mode, exposure level, white balance, drive mode, AF operation, metering mode, recording format, an electronic level and more. All of this information can be displayed by or superimposed easily over the image for review while shooting, and multiple views are customizable through the Canon EOS 5DS R’s simple user interface.
- Full HD 30p movie capability – The Canon EOS 5DS R camera is a sophisticated movie-making machine, capturing Full HD movies with numerous manual controls at multiple frame rates and compressions. Featuring movie capture and manual controls, the Canon EOS 5DS R’s shutter button can be programmed to capture still images when pressed during movie shooting.
- Time Lapse Movie function – An EOS first, the Canon EOS 5DS R camera even has a time-lapse movie feature that takes still photos at set intervals and joins them to create a silent movie. Perfect for showing the moving clouds across the sky, growth of a plant, changes in scenery, the flow of people walking and more, the Canon EOS 5DS R’s Time Lapse Movie function creates professional-quality movies, in camera, without the need for a computer, saving precious time when out in the field.
- High-speed continuous shooting – The Canon EOS 5DS R camera can continuously shoot up to 5.0 frames per second. Thanks to its speedy dual DIGIC 6 Image Processors plus its enhanced shutter mechanism and mirror drive, the Canon EOS 5DS R is capable of capturing full 50.6 Megapixel images at high speed with superb quality. This sophisticated balance between high pixel count and shooting speed ensures the Canon EOS 5DS R is always ready for the next shot.
- 3.2-inch ClearView II LCD Monitor – The 3.2-inch ClearView II LCD monitor has 1,040,000 dots, anti-reflective construction and features Canon’s ClearView technology for a bright, sharp display in any number of shooting situations. It’s ideal for reviewing settings and images, as well as for shooting in Live View mode. In Live View, grid lines can be displayed in 9 sections, 24 sections, or 9 sections with diagonals, as can the electronic level, which helps ensure accurate level by displaying roll. For image review, the EOS 5DS R camera has a dedicated Magnify/Reduce button for zooming in or out (up to 16x) simply by pressing the button and turning the Main Dial. Images can be protected or erased quickly, individually or in batches, and slideshows can be created with some or all images and can be sequenced by date, folders, movies, stills or rating. A clear and simple feature guide found in the camera’s menu provides detailed reference information whenever needed.
- Quick Control Screen – In addition to a conventional Quick Control screen, the Canon EOS 5DS R camera features a Quick Control button that enables the photographer to quickly and easily access the settings critical for the task at hand. The user can specify features to display, as well as their location and size on the screen. With the level of customization the Custom Quick Control screen offers, the EOS 5DS R can work perfectly with the style of any photographer.
- USB 3.0 – The Canon EOS 5DS R camera features a USB 3.0 digital terminal for fast transfer to PCs and printers, plus offers connectivity to Canon’s WFT-E7 (Version 2) for wireless transfer and Wi-Fi compatibility.
|Effective Megapixels||Rs 50.60|
|Compatible Memory Card||CompactFlash, SD, SDHC, SDXC|
|Lens Mount||Canon EF-Mount|
|LCD Screen Size||3.2″|
|Connectivity||Audio Out, Canon N3, HDMI C (Mini), USB 3.0|
|Exposure Modes||Aperture Priority, Bulb, C1, C2, Custom, Manual, Programmed Auto, Scene Auto Selector, Shutter Priority Metering Range: EV 0.0 – EV 20.0 Compensation: -5 EV to +5 EV (in 1/3 or 1/2 EV steps)|
|Auto Focus||Automatic (A), Full-time Servo (F), Manual Focus (M), Single-servo AF (S)|
|Continuous Shooting Speed||Up to 5 fps|
|White Balance||Auto, Cloudy, Color Temperature, Custom, Daylight, Flash, Fluorescent (White), Shade, Sunset, Tungsten, Twilight|
|Video Resolution||1080 HD|
|Dimensions||6.0 x 4.6 x 3.0″ / 15.2 x 11.7 x 7.6 cm|