The Canon PowerShot G3 X Digital Camera can be ideal for capturing and sharing all your adventures, indoors and out. With a compact, rugged design thatﾒs easy to carry, this premium camera gives you inspirational image quality through its 1.0-inch, 20.2 Megapixel High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor, plus the power to zoom to an incredible 25x. Youﾒll be able to capture what you see wherever life takes you: broad, majestic landscapes, virtually blur-free low-light images, and beautifully detailed wildlife. You can also capture action as it happens in beautiful 1080p Full HD video, and share your images/videos with easy Wi-Fi connectivity, which now includes built-in NFC for touch communication with a compatible Android device. Whether youﾒre traveling around the world or enjoying your favorite outdoor activities close to home, youﾒll want to pack the PowerShot G3 X camera.
- 1.0-inch, 20.2 Megapixel High-Sensitivity CMOS Sensor – The PowerShot G3 X cameraﾒs 1.0-inch sensor achieves a beautiful balance between high sensitivity and high image quality. The sensor is able to collect more light in a shorter time period without the overflow that causes blown-out highlights. This means better detail and sophisticated tonal quality, with rich gradations even at high ISO speeds all the way to 12800. A high signal-to-noise ratio delivers minimal noise and distortion with breathtaking dynamic range, particularly notable in bright areas. And photography enthusiasts will appreciate the changes in image processing for the PowerShot G3 X, which include target exposure value and contrast characteristics of highlights. Thanks to this change, dynamic range in bright areas is expanded with gradation attributes that are similar to EOS. Also, by changing the exposure index standard, it is possible to shoot at almost the same brightness with the same aperture, shutter speed and ISO settings as EOS. The PowerShot G3 X natively captures images in the 3:2 aspect ratio, which is the same as Canon EOS SLR cameras. The cameraﾒs image creation technology was designed with post processing in mind, and features an Aspect Ratio function, enabling RAW image capture in 16:9, 3:2, 4:3 and 1:1 aspect ratios while maintaining the same angle of view.
- Canon DIGIC 6 Image Processor – The PowerShot G3 X camera is powered by the latest iteration of Canonﾒs proprietary processor, the DIGIC 6 Image Processor, which takes still and video image quality to a beautiful new level. Improved light sensitivity allows for higher resolution with less noise when shooting in dark conditions, and Dynamic IS now detects and compensates for tilt and parallel movement (shift blur) to create video that’s exceptionally free of distortion. The DIGIC 6 Image Processor also enhances the performance capabilities of the PowerShot G3 X, powering full resolution high-speed continuous still shooting (even in P, Av, Tv and M modes) and the advanced star shooting modes. The processor allows for MP4 video recording for better compatibility with mobile devices and tablets. Highly compressed MP4 video not only preserves space on your memory card but also improves playback on mobile devices. The new processor also supports an MF Peaking function, giving you a pro-level focusing tool.
- Canon HS SYSTEM – The Canon HS SYSTEM lets you take bright, clear photos as they happen, whether the light is cooperating or not. Beautiful low-light shots are possible with minimal noise and truly impressive detail in both highlight and shadow areas. The system is the result of two technologies in the PowerShot G3 X camera: the large format 1.0-inch High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor, which captures more light; and the DIGIC 6 Image Processor, which actively reduces noise at high ISO speeds up to 12800 and processes images at high speed, even at full resolution. Experience the freedom of using higher shutter speeds in far more situations, allowing you to capture images with exceptional clarity and detail.
- 25x, f/2.8ﾖ5.6 Optical Zoom Lens (24ﾖ600mm) – The PowerShot G3 X incorporates a powerful 25x Optical Zoom (24ﾖ600mm) lens for seamless telephoto shooting and unmatched versatility. Youﾒll capture everything from the widest landscapes to dynamic close-ups in precise detail ﾖ all without changing a lens. The culmination of decades of EF lens know-how, the bright, all-new f/2.8ﾖ5.6 lens uses cutting-edge construction to prevent aberration and peripheral illumination loss over the entire telephoto range, delivering reliably high image quality with every shot. The lensﾒs 9-blade aperture diaphragm creates beautiful circular background blur. Micro USM II drives the high-speed, silent zoom, with smooth, high-precision focusing for professional-quality video shooting.
- Intelligent IS – It’s easy to capture clear, steady images with PowerShot digital cameras, even in low light without using a tripod. That’s because the camera is equipped with Canon’s innovative Intelligent IS. The system automatically analyzes camera movement and applies the best shake correction method for the shooting situation ﾖ allowing you to focus on framing and capturing your shot. For stills, the system selects from Normal IS, Panning IS, Macro (Hybrid) IS and Tripod modes. When shooting video, the system selects from Dynamic IS, Powered IS, Macro (Hybrid) IS and Active Tripod IS modes. New icons clearly mark the image stabilization mode, whether you’re shooting still images or video.
- High-resolution Multi-angle Touch Panel LCD – The PowerShot G3 X cameraﾒs LCD screen can tilt up 180°, so taking that perfect selfie is a snap! In fact, the multi-angle LCD encourages creative framing because itﾒs easy to achieve a flexible array of camera angles. Capacitive touch-panel operation feels familiar right away: simply touch to access quick control settings, focus and shutter release right on screen. A resolution of 1.62 million pixels makes the glare-free display ultra crisp and clear, so itﾒs easy to compose your shots, choose camera settings, and review and share your images.
- 1080p Full HD and Expanded Movie Options – With its large sensor and high performance lens the PowerShot G3 X camera creates spectacular 1080p Full HD video, but this premium model takes video-making even further with several high-end features. Set video capture to your shooting needs: 24p, 30p or 60p, with MP4 format available for easy sharing. Advanced audio includes expanded dynamic range, better S/N ratio, and external microphone and headphone jacks. Improved Dynamic IS significantly reduces shaking caused by handheld shooting. Manual controls (Av, Tv and ISO) can be set prior to and during shooting for full creative expression, and Manual Focus is also available. Shooting to commercial specifications is now possible with five aspect ratio grid line options, HDMI Live Out for checking images on an external monitor, and an Advanced Tripod Hole for smooth panning and tilting.
- Full Resolution Continuous Shooting and High-Speed AF – Powered by the DIGIC 6 Image Processor, the PowerShot G3 X camera gives you a seamless, high-speed continuous shooting (up to 5.9 fps) experience that’s fully available in P, Tv, Av, M and Auto modes. Shooting and processing are now performed in tandem, reducing buffering time to deliver high shooting speeds. With the higher AF speed (up to approx. 0.20 seconds), achieving focus nearly the instant the camera is aimed is made possible. With no separate mode setting and no reduction in image quality, you can freeze brilliant action shots with ease.
- 31 AF Points – With 31 focus points arranged in an expanded, wide pattern across the image plane, the PowerShot G3 X camera focuses with admirable speed and precision. Smaller focus frame sizes also make it possible to obtain accurate focus on small subjects. The PowerShot G3 X also supports 1-point and Touch AF.
- Built-in Wi-Fi makes sharing quick and easy – Built-in Wi-Fi technology for on-the-go convenience when you want to share your photos and videos with friends, family and the whole world. Easily post your images to social networking and media sites ﾖ Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr, and Google Drive ﾖ through CANON iMAGE GATEWAY directly from your PowerShot camera, or save them to the online photo album to share anytime, anywhere. The camera can also connect directly to both iOS and Android devices, and upload images via the free Canon Camera Connect app without a computer. You can control the destination of your uploads to share with everyone or to selected groups, and even add comments. Sharing video is also easy with Wi-Fi equipped PowerShot cameras, which record video using the easy-to-share MP4 format. Enhanced Wi-Fi makes posting in real time possible, so you can keep everyone up to date with photos and video even as events unfold. Wi-Fi technology also allows you to transfer images to other Wi-Fi equipped PowerShot cameras or print your photos directly to a PictBridge (Wireless LAN) certified printer.
- Built-in NFC (Near Field Communication) – PowerShot digital cameras with built-in NFC (Near Field Communication) technology eliminates the need to manually find and open the new Canon Camera Connect app on your mobile device. Simply touch the NFC icon on your camera to your compatible Android device, and the Camera Connect app will launch automatically for quick, easy sharing of your images. Built-in NFC technology also makes it simpler to install the app. If the app hasn’t been installed yet, once you touch the devices together for the first time, the download screen will display automatically. Now, NFC helps ensure making a connection to a compatible Android device truly seamless. Simply touch the camera against an NFC-equipped device with the Canon Camera Connect app installed, and the Wi-Fi connection is established ﾖ no camera operations required. Even if your camera is off, NFC turns the camera on and establishes the connection (confirming the cameraﾒs nickname and privacy settings before the first connection is required).
- Remote Shooting with the Camera Connect App – Remote shooting functions of the PowerShot G3 X camera through your smartphone or tablet has been vastly improved with the new Canon Camera Connect app. Now a variety of the cameraﾒs expressive capabilities are available to you: use different shooting modes (P, Av, Tv, M, Custom); enjoy multi-aspect shooting and display; choose AF frame modes (single-point/face detection); shoot in continuous shooting mode; and utilize the AF button. In addition, the new Camera Connect app is now universal to PowerShot and Canon EOS cameras with built-in Wi-Fi, so if you switch between cameras, operation is easy and familiar.
- Mobile Device Connect Button – The cameraﾒs dedicated Mobile Device Connect Button gives you one-touch access to your compatible mobile device or computer (utilizing Image Sync function). You can transfer photos and videos to your smartphone or tablet for immediate sharing to a computer on the same network. When the camera finds a linked computer on the same wireless network, images are sent directly to it. Otherwise, images are temporarily stored on CANON iMAGE GATEWAY then transferred once a connection is made ﾖ very convenient when youﾒre on vacation or out for the day.
- Image Sync Function – The Image Sync Function has been improved and expanded. In addition to wirelessly transferring photos and videos through CANON iMAGE GATEWAY to your computer, now you can view and download them from your smartphone. Take them anywhere, anytime, and use your familiar smartphone operations to view and share them.
- Compatibility with Canon Connect Station CS100 – The PowerShot G3 X camera is fully compatible with Canonﾒs brand new photo and video storage device: Connect Station CS100. By simply tapping with NFC, photos and videos are wirelessly transferred to the Connect Station, where up to 1 TB of hard drive space and simple menus make them easy to store, manage and sort by albums, date or device name. From there, images and videos can be viewed in Full HD on an HDTV (via an HDMI cable), sent to compatible wireless printers, viewed/uploaded/downloaded from smartphones and tablets or PCs, and shared with other Canon Connect Stations and on social networking sites.
- Convenient controls provide intuitive manual adjustment – The PowerShot G3 X cameraﾒs thoughtfully designed controls will satisfy even advanced photographers. The front dial makes easy setting changes possible, with customizable zoom, Tv and Av assignments. An exposure compensation dial is easily accessed from the secure, concave thumb grip, and keeps pace as you quickly and actively create images. A controller wheel and dedicated Movie button all contribute to the cameraﾒs quick, convenient operability.
- Hot Shoe and Compatibility with EOS Accessories – The cameraﾒs integrated hot shoe allows you to attach exciting EOS accessories including all of the Canon Speedlite flashes. Long preferred by professionals, Speedlite flashes illuminate with natural beauty for notable depth and texture. Other available EOS accessories include Speedlite Transmitter ST-E3-RT, Off-Camera Shoe Cord OC-E3, and Remote Switch RS-60E3 to help make night scenes and macros sharper.
- Optional Electronic Viewfinder EVF-DC1 – The optional Electronic Viewfinder EVF-DC1 offers a high-resolution view and displays all shooting information in a brilliant and easily attached accessory. Mounted on the accessory shoe, the electronic viewfinder has a high eyepoint ﾖ perfect for those wearing glasses ﾖ and has a high precision XGA resolution LCD with 2.36 Million dots and displays the exact information found on the camera’s LCD screen. It offers a dioptric adjustment range of -3.0 to +1.0 and can tilt up to 90°, helping to enable steady shooting even on an angle. The camera can be directed to switch automatically between the LCD and the viewfinder with an eyepiece sensor, or can be set manually with a dedicated button. Brightness can be set independently from the camera’s screen, perfect for discreet operation.
- Star Shooting Mode – Starry skies were formerly out of reach to all but experienced SLR camera users, however, star shooting modes on the PowerShot G3 X camera make these wonderfully impressive images accessible to all. With just a tripod and simple settings, you can capture exquisite Star Nightscapes, Star Trails and Star Time-Lapse Movies. The modes can be performed fully automatically or with manual controls for extra versatility. Support functions including Night Display, Color Adjustment and Star Emphasis make any starry sky easier to capture.
- Dust- and water-resistant construction – Just like with select EOS models, the PowerShot G3 X camera features pinpoint alignment and rubber sealing that results in dust- and drip-proof durability. Along with the cameraﾒs extreme versatility, this convenient rain- and dust-resistance make the PowerShot G3 X camera the ideal take-along in various weather conditions.
- Bulb Exposure – Perfect for night scenes, fireworks, and other situations where predicting exposure length can be difficult, bulb exposure mode exposes the shot as long as the shutter button is held down ﾖ giving you complete control over the image. A tripod and the RS-60E3 Remote Switch are recommended when using this mode.
- RAW – As with many EOS DSLR cameras, the PowerShot G3 X camera uses a 14-bit converter to process the output of the CMOS sensor, resulting in true color, smooth tonal transitions and natural gradations. The PowerShot G3 X lets you shoot in RAW mode, which records all the information captured by the sensor, giving you outstanding flexibility and complete creative control when editing your images with Canon’s powerful bundled software. The camera also allows you to record in RAW and JPEG formats simultaneously. Now, in RAW mode, you can even select among several aspect ratios, including 16:9, 3:2, 4:3 and 1:1.
|Sensor Type||1″ CMOS|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 125-12800 (Extended Mode: Auto, 125-25600)|
|Exposure Modes||AE Lock, Aperture Priority, Manual, Program Shift, Safety Shift, Shutter Priority|
|Dimensions||4.9 x 3.0 x 4.1″ / 12.4 x 7.6 x 10.4 cm|
|Video Resolution||1080 HD|
|Battery||NB-10L Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery|
|Connectivity||1/8″ Headphone, 1/8″ Microphone, AV Output, USB 2.0|
|Compatible Memory Card||Secure Digital (SD/SDHC, SDXC) Card|
|LCD Screen Size||3.2″|
|Focal Length||8.8-220mm (35 mm equivalent: 24-600mm)|
|Aperture Range||f/2.8 (W) – 5.6 (T)|
|Movie Mode||Yes, NTSC/PAL|
|White Balance||Auto, Cloudy, Custom 1, Custom 2, Daylight, Flash, Fluorescent, Fluorescent H, Shade, Tungsten|
|Continuous Shooting Speed||Up to 5.9 fps at 20 MP|