The first PowerShot G-Series camera to incorporate a full-featured 2.36 million dot electronic viewfinder, the amazing Canon PowerShot G5 X Camera makes it simple to compose, set and capture high-quality stills and video without taking your eye away from the camera. For photography in the glare of bright sunlight, recording HD Video in an auditorium and other situations where the lighting is difficult or using the LCD monitor is inconvenient, the PowerShot G5 Xﾒs electronic viewfinder helps enable unfettered operation. Full control is made simple with dedicated dials situated around the camera that let you easily customize and control the settings. Whatﾒs more, helpful features like a built-in accessory hot shoe and a multi-angle, capacitive touch screen monitor serve to create an experience as unique as the subject being recorded. With its phenomenal and large imaging sensor, its marvelous electronic viewfinder and comprehensive operation, the PowerShot G5 X can deliver performance thatﾒs easy to see.
- 1.0-inch, 20.2 Megapixel High-Sensitivity CMOS Sensor – At the heart of the PowerShot G5 X camera is a brilliant 1.0-inch 20.2 Megapixel High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor. Physically larger than the sensors found in most compact cameras, the PowerShot G5 X’s sensor works in tandem with Canon’s DIGIC 6 Image Processor to quickly deliver gorgeous, high-resolution images with nuanced details, plus impressive low-light performance with a low signal-to-noise ratio and minimal noise and distortion. Suitable for tremendous enlargements, significant cropping and many other applications appealing to the advanced photographer, images and video captured on the PowerShot G5 X’s sensor are engineered to impress even the most critical eye.
- Canon DIGIC 6 Image Processor – The PowerShot G5 X camera is powered by the latest iteration of Canon’s proprietary processor, the DIGIC 6 Image Processor, which takes still and video image quality to a beautiful level. Improved light sensitivity allows for higher resolution with less noise when shooting in dark conditions, and Dynamic IS now detects and compensates for tilt and parallel movement (shift blur) to create video that’s exceptionally free of distortion. The DIGIC 6 Image Processor also enhances the performance capabilities of the PowerShot G5 X, powering full-resolution, high-speed continuous still shooting (even in P, Av, Tv and M modes) and the advanced star shooting modes. The processor allows for MP4 video recording for better compatibility with mobile devices and tablets. Highly compressed MP4 video not only preserves space on your memory card but also improves playback on mobile devices. The processor also supports an MF Peaking function, giving you a pro-level focusing tool.
- Canon HS SYSTEM – The Canon HS SYSTEM lets you take bright, clear photos as they happen. Beautiful low-light shots are possible with minimal noise and truly impressive detail in both highlight and shadow areas. The system is the result of two technologies in the PowerShot G5 X camera: the large format 1.0-inch High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor, which captures more light; and the DIGIC 6 Image Processor, which actively reduces noise at high ISO speeds up to 12800 and processes images at high speed, even at full resolution. Experience the freedom of using higher shutter speeds in far more situations, allowing you to capture images with exceptional clarity and detail.
- 4.2x, f/1.8ﾖ2.8 Optical Zoom Lens (24ﾖ100mm) – To take advantage of its large, 1.0-inch imaging sensor, the PowerShot G5 X camera has a sharp and versatile 4.2x Optical Zoom lens. With a 35mm equivalent range of 24ﾖ100mm it’s equally suitable for landscapes, portraits, group photographs and even close-up photography. Designed to perform in numerous lighting situations, the PowerShot G5 X’s lens has a bright maximum aperture of f/1.8 for low light performance, a 9-blade aperture for beautiful, blurred background detail and is engineered to focus from distances as close as 2.0 in. The PowerShot G5 X’s lens works in concert with the camera’s sensor and image processor to reliably deliver sharp images from edge to edge and from wide-angle to telephoto, all tailored to meet the exacting standards of even critical photographers.
- Intelligent IS – Equipped with Canon’s innovative Intelligent IS, the PowerShot G5 X camera helps you capture clear, steady images ﾖ even in low light without using a tripod. The system automatically analyzes camera movement and applies the best shake correction method for the shooting situation ﾖ allowing you to focus on framing and capturing your shot. For stills, the system selects from Normal IS, Panning IS, Macro (Hybrid) IS and Tripod modes. When shooting video, the system selects from Dynamic IS, Powered IS, Macro (Hybrid) IS and Active Tripod IS modes. Icons clearly mark the image stabilization mode, whether you’re shooting still images or video.
- Built-in 2.36 Million Dot, High-Definition Electronic Viewfinder – The PowerShot G5 X camera’s defining feature is its unique, high-definition electronic viewfinder. It’s great for photographers who prefer to hold the camera up to their eye, and is a veritable lifesaver in bright light and when composing on the camera’s LCD screen is inconvenient or overly conspicuous. Featuring 2.36 million dots, and with a wide color gamut, it provides a high-contrast, realistic and smooth edge-to-edge view for image composition, adjustment and review. Designed for sustained use, it delivers 100% image coverage, a smooth refresh rate up to 120 frames-per-second (Smooth Mode) and a flexible information display that can enable comfortable camera operation throughout the day. Its 22mm eyepoint delivers excellent visibility, even when wearing glasses, and a built-in eye sensor helps the PowerShot G5 X to transfer quickly between the viewfinder display and Live View on the camera’s LCD.
- Convenient Controls Help Provide for Quick Control of Shooting Settings – Designed for speedy operation while looking through the viewfinder, the PowerShot G5 X features a host of controls for quick, accurate settings and adjustments. Beyond its Vari-angle touch panel LCD monitor, the PowerShot G5 X camera features a front dial situated on the front of the camera for operation with the index finger, a top-mounted, thumb-operated exposure compensation dial, a rear-mounted control dial plus a control ring around the camera’s lens. Eminently customizable, each dial has an optimized operating torque that helps to identify it by feel, for sustained, intuitive and near-silent operation in quiet situations like weddings and performances.
- Built-in Hot Shoe – The PowerShot G5 X camera’s hot shoe enables expanded operations for advanced photography. It’s compatible with all Speedlite flashes for the EOS System, so bounce flash and multiple-flash photography is easy to achieve. Whether attaching a Speedlite flash or the Remote Switch RS-60E3 for long exposures or night scenes, the PowerShot G5 X’s hot shoe can help provide shooting opportunities far beyond the scope of most compact cameras.
- High-resolution Multi-angle Touch Panel LCD – For composing photos and movies from any angle and for easy self-portraits, the PowerShot G5 X camera features a high-resolution, Vari-angle, capacitive LCD screen that can not only tilt out and rotate up to 270°, but can also be turned around and closed when using the camera’s electronic viewfinder or when the camera is not in use. Its touch-panel operation makes it simple to access quick control settings, focus and shutter release right on the screen.
- 1080p Full HD and Expanded Movie Options – With its large sensor and high performance lens the PowerShot G5 X camera creates spectacular 1080p Full HD video, but this premium model takes video-making even further with several high-end features. Set video capture to your shooting needs: 24p, 30p or 60p, with MP4 format available for easy sharing. Advanced audio includes expanded dynamic range and a better S/N ratio. Improved Dynamic IS significantly reduces shaking caused by handheld shooting. Manual controls (Av, Tv and ISO) can be set prior to and during shooting for full creative expression, and Manual Focus is also available. Shooting to commercial specifications is now possible with HDMI Live Out for checking images on an external monitor and an advanced tripod socket for smooth panning and tilting.
- Built-in Wi-Fi Makes Sharing Quick and Easy – Built-in Wi-Fi technology is included for on-the-go convenience when you want to share your photos and videos with friends, family and the whole world. Easily post your images to social networking and media sites ﾖ Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr, and Google Drive ﾖ through CANON iMAGE GATEWAY directly from your PowerShot camera, or save them to the online photo album to share anytime, anywhere. The camera can also connect directly to both iOS and Android devices, and upload images via the free Canon Camera Connect app without a computer. You can control the destination of your uploads to share with everyone or to selected groups, and even add comments. Sharing video is also easy with Wi-Fi equipped PowerShot cameras, which record video using the easy-to-share MP4 format. Enhanced Wi-Fi makes posting in real time possible, so you can keep everyone up to date with photos and video even as events unfold. Wi-Fi technology also allows you to transfer images to other Wi-Fi equipped PowerShot cameras or print your photos directly to a PictBridge (Wireless LAN) certified printer.
- Built-in NFC (Near Field Communication) – PowerShot digital cameras with built-in NFC (Near Field Communication) technology eliminates the need to manually find and open the Canon Camera Connect app on your mobile device. Simply touch the NFC icon on your camera to your compatible Android device, and the Camera Connect app will launch automatically for quick, easy sharing of your images. Built-in NFC technology also makes it simpler to install the app. If the app hasn’t been installed yet, once you touch the devices together for the first time, the download screen will display automatically. Now, NFC helps ensure a seamless connection to a compatible Android device. Simply touch the camera against an NFC-equipped device with the Canon Camera Connect app installed, and the Wi-Fi connection is established ﾖ no camera operations required. Even if your camera is off, NFC turns the camera on and establishes the connection (confirming the camera’s nickname and privacy settings before the first connection is required).
- Remote Shooting with the Camera Connect App – Remote shooting functions of the PowerShot G5 X camera through your smartphone or tablet have been vastly improved with the Canon Camera Connect app. Now a variety of the camera’s expressive capabilities are available to you: use different shooting modes (P, Av, Tv, M, Custom); enjoy multi-aspect shooting and display; choose AF frame modes (single-point/face detection); shoot in continuous shooting mode; and utilize the AF button. In addition, the Camera Connect app is now universal to PowerShot and EOS cameras with built-in Wi-Fi, so if you switch between cameras, operation is easy and familiar.
- Mobile Device Connect Button – The camera’s dedicated Mobile Device Connect Button gives you one-touch access to your compatible mobile device or computer (utilizing Image Sync function). You can transfer photos and videos to your smartphone or tablet for immediate sharing to a computer on the same network. When the camera finds a linked computer on the same wireless network, images are sent directly to it. Otherwise, images are temporarily stored on CANON iMAGE GATEWAY then transferred once a connection is made ﾖ very convenient when you’re on vacation or out for the day.
- Image Sync Function – The Image Sync Function has been improved and expanded. In addition to wirelessly transferring photos and videos through CANON iMAGE GATEWAY to your computer, now you can view and download them from your smartphone. Take them anywhere, anytime, and use your familiar smartphone operations to view and share them.
- Compatibility with Canon Connect Station CS100 – The PowerShot G5 X camera is fully compatible with Canon’s photo and video storage device: Connect Station CS100. By simply tapping with NFC, photos and videos are wirelessly transferred to the Connect Station, where up to 1 TB of hard drive space and simple menus make them easy to store, manage and sort by albums, date or device name. From there, images and videos can be viewed in Full HD on an HDTV (via an HDMI cable), sent to compatible wireless printers, viewed/uploaded/downloaded from smartphones and tablets or PCs, and shared with other Canon Connect Stations and on social networking sites.
- Star Shooting Mode – Starry skies were formerly out of reach to all but experienced SLR camera users, but the star shooting modes on the PowerShot G5 X camera make these wonderfully impressive images accessible to all. With just a tripod and simple settings, you can capture exquisite Star Nightscapes, Star Trails and Star Time-Lapse Movies. The modes can be performed fully automatically or with manual controls for extra versatility. Support functions including Night Display, Color Adjustment and Star Emphasis make any starry sky easier to capture.
|Sensor Type||1″ CMOS|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 125-6400 (Extended Mode: 125-12800)|
|Exposure Modes||Aperture Priority, Auto, Creative Filters, Creative Shot, Custom, Hybrid Auto, Manual, Movie, Program, SCN, Shutter Priority|
|Dimensions||4.4 x 3.0 x 1.7″ / 112.4 x 76.4 x 44.2 mm|
|Video Resolution||1080 HD|
|Battery||NB-13L Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack, 3.6 VDC, 1250 mAh|
|Connectivity||HDMI D (Micro), Micro-USB, USB 2.0|
|Compatible Memory Card||Secure Digital (SD/SDHC, SDXC) Card|
|LCD Monitor Type||LCD Rear Touch Screen Swivel|
|LCD Screen Size||3.0″|
|Focal Length||8.8-36.8mm (35 mm equivalent: 24-100mm)|
|Aperture Range||f/1.8 (W) – 2.8 (T)|
|White Balance||Auto, Cloudy, Custom 1, Custom 2, Daylight, Flash, Fluorescent, Fluorescent H, Shade, Tungsten|
|Continuous Shooting Speed||Up to 5.9 fps at 20.2 MP
Up to 4.4 fps at 20.2 MP