The Canon XC10 4K Camcorder features a compact, lightweight and versatile design for convenient 4K/Full HD video shooting and 12 Megapixel digital still photography. This all-in-one ergonomically convenient camcorder can satisfy a broad range of video and still production needs. The XC10 4K Camcorder is for everyone from next-generation advanced amateurs to professional 4K and HD videographers, from digital filmmakers needing a cost-effective 4K/HD “B” or “C” camera to multimedia journalists and news agencies seeking a 4K video camera. The XC10 4K Camcorder also appeals to the needs of cross media professionals in that it can also capture 12 Megapixel still images and provide 8 Megapixel stills extracted from 4K motion video.
The XC10 Camcorder’s 4K imaging system is purpose-built of proprietary components, including a Genuine Canon 10x Wide-Angle Zoom Lens with 2x Digital Teleconverter and Optical Image Stabilization. Employing a special Canon compact optical system, the lens offers a zoom ratio of 27.3-273mm for movies and 24.1-241mm for photos. The XC10 4K Camcorder also features a specially designed Canon 12 Megapixel one-inch CMOS sensor that can deliver 12 stops of exposure latitude. And the new DIGIC DV5 signal processor that provides the image-processing power and speed to deliver high image quality, performance and innovative new features like the Canon XF-AVC codec for 4K and HD recording.
Operability innovations designed into the XC10 4K Camcorder further facilitate creative expression and the ability to capture superb 4K/HD video and high-resolution still images. These include a Vari-Angle LCD monitor with a capacitive touch-panel for simple intuitive control, a rotating hand grip to support both movie and still-image shooting, a built-in ND filter, built-in dual-band Wi-Fi, and much more. The camcorder can be hand-held, or used with a wide range of camera-support accessories, including car mounts and drones.
Offering slow- and fast-motion recording, multiple custom picture settings including Canon log and Canon Wide DR Gamma, and interval shooting for time-lapse still photography, the XC10 4K Camcorder offers a wide range of workflow option. The camcorder can record H.264 4:2:2/8-bit MXF 4K (QFHD) 3840 x 2160 movies to internal CFast cards or Full HD 1920 x 1080 video to SD cards at multiple frame and bit rates (up to 305Mbps in 4K). The XC10 4K Camcorder also offers 4K 30p movie playback output via its HDMI 1.4 output.
Still-photography features include a mechanical shutter to help eliminate rolling-shutter distortion, up to 2.8 fps performance, support for multiple aspect ratios, and compatibility with such EOS accessories as Speedlite flash units, Canon GPS receivers, remote controllers, and LP-E6 series batteries and chargers.
Versatile, compact, and convenient, the XC10 4K Camcorder is a lightweight 4K/HD/still photography hybrid delivering high image quality and convenience to meet the diverse imaging needs of today’s expanding universe of budget-conscious digital content creation professionals.
- 4K Wide-Angle 10x Zoom Lens with Image Stabilizer – The Canon XC10 4K Camcorder incorporates a Canon 4K video lens that leverages proprietary Canon optical technologies derived from years of experience in developing Cinema, Broadcast, and EF Series lenses. This 10x wide-angle optical zoom lens offers a focal range of 24.1-241 mm for photos and 27.3-273 mm for movies. The use of UD (Ultra-low Dispersion) and Hi-UD lens elements helps compensate for chromatic aberrations and provides a compact size. An innovative retractable lens barrel structure integrating internal guide bars helps facilitate precise lens movement during zooms, and extends the lens barrel by a mere 36.2mm.
- 12 Megapixel One-Inch 4K-Compatible CMOS Image Sensor – The XC10 4K Camcorder features a new Canon 12.0 Megapixel 1-inch CMOS image sensor with 12 stops of dynamic range, and video and photo shooting functionality. The hybrid design makes the XC10 4K Camcorder a true crossover capable of satisfying the needs of both video and still workflows. With capture that includes both 4K and Full HD (FHD) video and still capture up to 12.0 Megapixels, the XC10 4K Camcorder is a strong contender in both market categories.
- DiG!C DV 5 Image Processor – The Canon XC10 4K Camcorder incorporates Canon?s new DiG!C DV5 processor. This advanced core technology component provides the image-processing power and speed that enables such features as 4K video acquisition, Image Stabilization, slow and fast motion recording and precision AF. DiG!C DV 5 is integral in providing high image quality, advanced performance and convenient operability.
- XF-AVC Codec for 4K 30p and Full HD 60p – The Canon XC10 4K Camcorder incorporates the new Canon XF-AVC Codec to balance ease of workflow with a high standard of image quality. For 4K recording, the high-image-quality XF-AVC Intra-Frame encoding is used, which captures all the detail and resolution of the CMOS sensor on a frame-by-frame basis, enabling edits to be made at any point in a motion sequence and high-quality stills to be extracted from any 4K motion-image frame.
- Multiple Recording Modes and Frame Rates – Multiple Recording Modes, Resolutions, and Frame Rates make the XC10 Canon 4K Camcorder creatively flexible in a variety of production environments.
- Slow and Fast Motion Recording – Creative expression capabilities of the Canon XC10 4K Camcorder include Slow- and Fast-Motion recording. Depending on the camcorder?s record settings video can be recorded down to the slowest speed of 1/4x real-time (in 1280 x 720 resolution/120p) to a max of 1200x in Fast Motion.
- Superb Still Capture Capability – The Canon XC10 4K Camcorder’s advanced still photo capture capability allows you to record photos with the high image quality of up to 12 effective Megapixels using a mechanical shutter for stills in three different aspect ratios.
- CFast 4K Recording Technology – 4K video recording requires professional quality media capable of keeping up with the 305 Mbps codec of Canon?s XC10 Camcorder. The camcorder features CFast recording technology to meet the 4K data requirements of Canon?s XF-AVC codec. CFast is a next generation nonproprietary recording solution supported by both Canon and a variety of third-party vendors. Its high speed and durability is a perfect match to the XC10 4K Camcorder to help provide quality, performance and confidence in recording.
- Canon Log and Wide Dynamic Range Gamma – The Canon XC10 4K Camcorder features the Canon Log gamma setting that sets the camera to maximize dynamic range and provide a wide exposure latitude. This is the same log curve used in both the EOS C300 and EOS C500 Cinema cameras, which helps maximize compatibility when the XC10 4K Camcorder is used in conjunction with them on the same shoot. The files produced using Canon Log can be ideal for post-production color-correction, matching and grading, as they provide users with a high level of creative post-production freedom while maintaining high image quality. When using Canon Log, the XC10 4K Camcorder can provide a dynamic range up to 800% or 12-stops.
- Image Settings Compatible with Cinema EOS Cameras – The XC10 4K Camcorder shares a variety of image quality settings with other Canon Cinema EOS cameras including Canon Log, Wide DR, and EOS Std. This helps allow for video captured with the XC10 4K Camcorder to match the “look” of video captured with other Cinema EOS and EOS cameras. The XC10 4K Camcorder features a log gamma setting that sets the camera to maximize dynamic range and provide wide exposure latitude. This is the same log curve used in both the EOS C300 and EOS C500 cinema cameras, helping to maximize compatibility when multiple cameras are used on the same shoot. This is especially helpful in post-production, where corrections, color matching and grading are applied.
- Compact and Ergonomic Design – The Canon XC10 4K Camcorder is compact, ergonomic, and light weight, broadening the range of possibilities for image expression- offering innovative shooting potential in situations where a larger camera can?t be used.
- Wireless Operation – The Canon XC10 4K Camcorder incorporates dual built-in 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz band wireless networks. This functionality provides both a Browser Remote and Browser Preview. By using Browser Remote, camcorder operations can be performed remotely from a web browser on a compatible smartphone or computer. Browser Preview allows users to look at still photos recorded in the camera without the need to remove media from the camera.
- Workflow Versatility – The Canon XC10 4K Camcorder offers a true hybrid workflow solution for creatives that need to integrate both high quality video and still acquisition into their productions. The camcorder offers the ability to capture both 4K and HD imagery at a variety of frame rates and resolutions. Individual frames from the Canon XC10?s 4K video can be extracted in camera or post and used as 8.3 Mpx still images. The XC10 4K Camcorder is also a fully functional 12Mpx still camera that is compatible with a wide variety of Canon photo accessories including Speedlite flashes, GPS Receiver, and remote controller.
|Max Optical Zoom
|LCD Screen Size
|CFast: 4K: videoSDHC / SDXC: HD video, photos, and camera settings
|Optical system + electronic system
|Battery Pack (LP-E6N)