Nikon 1 J4 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 1 Nikkor 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 PD Zoom Lens (Black)
The black Nikon 1 J4 Mirrorless Digital Camera is a versatile camera featuring a CX-format 18.4MP CMOS sensor and EXPEED 4A image processor to produce high-resolution stills and full HD movies with notable sensitivity to ISO 12800. The combination of these two technologies also affords fast performance throughout the camera, including a full-resolution continuous shooting rate of 20 fps with full-time autofocus and a 120 fps movie frame rate for recording slow motion sequences. Complementing the imaging assets is an equally deft Hybrid AF System, which combines both phase- and contrast-detection focusing methods to deliver AF performance that is both quick and precise.
Within the compact overall form factor, a large 3.0″ 1,037k-dot touchscreen LCD is available for intuitive navigation throughout the menu system as well as for employing touch focus and shutter release controls. Additionally, this interface also provides a simple means to access the built-in Wi-Fi connectivity for instant image transfer to linked mobile devices.
Included with the camera body is the sleek 1 NIKKOR VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 PD-ZOOM lens, which provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 27-81mm. This wide-angle to short telephoto lens features a Power-Drive zoom mechanism, for quick, smooth control, and VR image stabilization to suppress the effects of camera shake.
18.4MP CMOS Sensor and EXPEED 4A Image Processor
- A CX-format 18.4MP CMOS sensor and EXPEED 4A image processor work together to produce high-resolution still imagery and full HD 1080p video recording with notable low-light sensitivity to ISO 12800. These two technologies also work together to enable a wealth of speed throughout the camera system, benefitting the continuous shooting, movie recording, and autofocus systems. Furthermore, the sensor’s design also omits the traditional optical low-pass filter to enhance overall image sharpness and resolution.
- Hybrid AF System
- Employing both contrast- and phase-detection focusing methods, the 1 J4 features an all-around autofocusing system that is fast, precise, and controllable. When working with fast-paced, moving subject matter, phase-detection AF excels in its ability to quickly acquire focus utilizing a 105-point array that covers a broad range of the image frame. In difficult lighting conditions, the contrast-detection method is the chosen focusing system and uses 171 points across the entire frame to ensure critical sharpness. The advanced hybrid system oscillates between these two methods depending on the detected scene type in order to continuously produce crisp imagery regardless of the lighting or subject matter.
- High-Speed Continuous Shooting
- High-speed continuous shooting is benefitted by both the processing power as well as the phase-detection focusing method to support full-resolution recording of up to 20 fps with full-time focusing to maintain consistent sharpness. With the focus position fixed after the first recorded frame, continuous shooting up to an impressive 60 fps is possible in order to clearly record and freeze even the fastest movements.
- Full HD Movie Recording
- Full HD 1080p video recording is supported at 60 fps with the ability to also record at 120 fps at 1280 x 720 for slow motion sequences. Clear audio is recorded via an on-board stereo microphone and full-resolution still images can be simultaneously recorded while capturing video. Additionally, electronic VR image stabilization is available to help minimize the appearance of camera shake that is especially prevalent when recording handheld.
- Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Built-in Wi-Fi enables you to instantly share imagery from the 1 J4 to your linked iOS or Android mobile device for instant sharing via email, text message, or to social media sites.
- Standards: IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g
- Communications protocols: IEEE 802.11b (DSSS/CCK), IEEE 802.11g (OFDM)
- Operating frequency: 2412-2462 MHz (channels 1-11)
- Range (line of site): Approximately 32.8′ / 10m (with no interference)
- Data rate: 54 Mbps (maximum logical rate according to IEEE standard)
- Security: Authentication – Open system, WPA2-PSK; Encryption – AES
- Wireless setup: Supports WPS
- Access protocol: Infrastructure
- 1 NIKKOR VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 PD-ZOOM Lens
- Included with the camera body is the versatile 1 NIKKOR VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 PD-ZOOM lens; a wide-angle to portrait-length zoom providing a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 27-81mm. The Power-Drive zoom mechanism affords smooth and precise control over the zoom placement, making it ideal for use when recording videos. Built-in VR image stabilization works to minimize the appearance of camera shake to benefit working with longer shutter speeds. Additionally, the lens’ compact form factor is complemented by a built-in lens cover, alleviating the need for a lens cap.
- Other Camera Features
- A large, bright 3.0″ 1,037k-dot touchscreen LCD permits clear image monitoring and review, as well as touch-to-focus, touch-shutter release, and intuitive navigation throughout the menu system.
- Picture Control modes allow you to set predefined looks to imagery in-camera, and include Landscape, Monochrome, Neutral, Portrait, Standard, Vivid, and user-customizable settings.
- Best Moment Capture allows you to view live action in slow motion and replay it as many times as you need to get the best shot using Slow View.
- Smart Photo Selector will quickly capture a burst of 20 images and automatically select the best 5 using intelligent pre-set criteria.
- Motion Snapshot mode will capture a still image as well as 1.6 seconds of slow-motion video before and after, then automatically compile both the footage and photo into a unique file that is ideal for sharing.
- Shooting modes: Advanced movie mode (includes HD movie, slow motion, fast motion, jump cut, and 4-second movie), Auto Photo mode, Creative mode (including: creative pallet, HDR, easy panorama, soft, miniature effect, selective color, cross process, and toy camera effect), Motion Snapshot (16:9), P programmed auto with flexible program, S shutter-priority auto, A aperture-priority auto, M manual, and Best Moment Capture mode (includes Slow View, Active Selection, and Smart Photo Selector).
- Language support: Arabic, Bengali, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese (European and Brazilian), Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, and Vietnamese.
|Effective Megapixels||Rs 18.40|
|Compatible Memory Card||microSD, microSDHC, microSDXC|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 160-12800|
|LCD Monitor Type||Rear Touchscreen LCD (1,037,000)|
|LCD Screen Size||3″|
|Connectivity||HDMI D (Micro), USB 2.0|
|Exposure Modes||Aperture Priority, Manual, Programmed Auto, Scene Auto Selector, Shutter Priority|
|Battery||1 x EN-EL22 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack|
|Dimensions||3.9 x 2.4 x 1.1″ / 99.1 x 61.0 x 27.9 mm|
|Continuous Shooting Speed||Up to 60 fps at 18.4 MP for up to Frames|
|White Balance||Auto, Cloudy, Direct Sunlight, Flash, Fluorescent, Incandescent, Preset Manual, Shade, Underwater|
|Aperture Range||Maximum: f/3.5 – 5.6 Minimum: f/16|
|Minimum Focus Distance||7.87″ / 20 cm|
|Angle Of View||77° – 22° 40′|
|Lens Weight||85 g|