Meet the ultimate combination of image quality and portability, speed and versatility, creativity and connectivity Nikon 1 J5. Masterfully designed on the inside and out, Nikon 1 J5 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 10-30mm Lens (Black) is faster than any DSLR on the market, achieves image quality and low-light performance few compact cameras can rival and yet is small enough to take on every outing. Shoot 20.8-megapixel photos, 1080/60p videos, time-lapse and slow-motion sequences, HDR (High Dynamic Range) images and much more. Pair it with any superb 1 NIKKOR lens, or add the optional FT-1 Mount Adapter and use legendary NIKKOR DSLR lenses. With a 180° tilting touch screen, full manual control for those who want it, new onboard effects and even built-in Wi-Fi and Near Field Communication (NFC) for sharing your photos while on-the-go, Nikon 1 J5 is the intersection of advanced technology, image quality and portability. The Nikon 1 J5 achieves a level of speed and accuracy not even a DSLR can match. Its cutting-edge autofocus system uses 105 phase-detect AF points to instantly identify and focus on your subject. Hold down the shutter button and turn each second of action into 20 tack-sharp, full-resolution photos. Fix your focus, and the Nikon 1 J5 can capture at a mind boggling 60 frames per second continuously. A new Sports Mode optimizes the Nikon 1 J5 for fast-action, so you can switch from shooting pre-game portraits to on-field close-ups without missing a play.
Capture in 20.8-megapixels of dazzling resolution. The Nikon 1 J5’s all new back-side illuminated (BSI) CX-format CMOS image sensor gathers more light than a traditional CMOS sensor, enabling faster shutter speeds and enhanced low-light capabilities. Nikon’s new EXPEED 5A image processing assures rich colors, smooth tones and razor-sharp details in every photo and Full HD video. And when the light is very low, shoot all the way up to ISO 12,800 with no fear of noiseﾗHigh ISO Noise Reduction stacks four separate images for clean, sharp low-light results. The Nikon 1 J5 handles like a dream. Its 180° tilting touch screen lets you shoot from any angle that intrigues you and puts key controls even the ability to fire the shutter at your fingertips. You can quickly select an exposure mode, including full Manual control, from the dedicated PSAM dial, while the Command Dial makes it easy to navigate the Nikon 1 J5’s intuitive menu system. You can even customize the Function button to recall your favorite menu or setting. Bring your creative vision to life. Nikon snapbridge describes the experience of quickly and easily sending photos wirelessly from the Nikon 1 J5 to a compatible smartphone or tablet using built-in Wi-Fi and NFC. Once connected, you can use your compatible smartphone or tablet to share your Nikon 1 J5 photos while on the go and even control the Nikon 1 J5 see what the camera sees and take pictures!
For over 85 years, NIKKOR has been the mark of optical excellence with over 90-million lenses sold worldwide. The Nikon 1 J5 connects you to that legacy with 11 superior 1 NIKKOR lens options, from wide-angle primes to telephoto zooms. Add the optional FT-1 Mount Adapter and use the Nikon 1 J5 with NIKKOR DSLR lenses, ideal for anyone who already owns a Nikon DSLR or simply wants to expand their capabilities with these marvels of optical precision. Capture cinematic 1080/60p video with shallow depth of field, use ultra-smooth slow motion to create heroic-looking moments and even create beautiful time-lapse videos right in the camera. Active D-Lighting during movie shooting brings out more details in the highlights and shadows of your videos and continuous autofocus with Electronic Vibration Reduction (VR) technology keep your videos sharp and steady. When you want to travel light but still capture beautiful photos and videos, the Nikon 1 J5 is the way to go. It delivers the portability of a compact digital camera but image quality that far surpasses most other compacts. It offers the versatility of interchangeable lenses and shooting speed beyond any DSLR on the market. Whether it’s your primary camera or a companion to your DSLR, the Nikon 1 J5 can go wherever your creative vision takes you. Even experienced shooters can find new inspiration in the Nikon 1 J5’s Creative Mode. Explore HDR (High Dynamic Range) shooting or apply fun effects like Toy Camera, Miniature Effect, Cross Process and more. For video, easily create funny sped-up sequences with Fast Motion or a cinematic quick-cut sequence with Jump Cut. The 1 NIKKOR VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 PD-ZOOM lens, which provides a 27-81mm equivalent focal length range. This wide-angle to short-telephoto lens features a Power-Drive zoom mechanism, for quick, smooth control and VR image stabilization to suppress the effects of camera shake.
- 20.8MP BSI CMOS Sensor and EXPEED 5A Image Processor: The 20.8MP CX-format BSI CMOS sensor pairs with an enhanced EXPEED 5A image processor to realize high-resolution still shooting and movie recording with native sensitivity to ISO 12800. The BSI design of the sensor helps to minimize noise and maintain true image clarity when working in difficult lighting conditions and High ISO Noise Reduction composites four separate images into a single frame for sharp and clean results. Additionally, the sensor’s design also omits an optical low-pass filter in order to achieve high image sharpness and resolution. The combination of the sensor and processor also affords a wealth of speed throughout the camera system, including the ability to shoot at 20 fps with continuous autofocus or 60 fps with fixed focus, and a unique Sports Mode optimizes camera settings for fast action and quick switching between shooting scenarios. This speed also carries over to the video recording side, where, in addition to UHD 2160p/15 and full HD 1080p/60 recording, you can shoot high-speed HD 720p movies at 120 fps or 400 x 144 movies at 1200 fps. Simultaneous still recording for up to 20 frames is possible and in-camera Electronic Vibration Reduction is available when recording at 30p or 60p. A built-in interval timer permits making time lapse movies, as well.
- Hybrid Autofocus: Blending both phase- and contrast-detection autofocus systems, the 1 J5 utilizes 171 distinct areas to quickly and accurately achieve focus. Of these 171 areas, the center 105 areas support phase-detection focusing for faster response time and improved subject tracking to benefit working in fast-paced shooting conditions.
- Body Design: Characterized by a sleek and retro-inspired design, the compact profile includes a range of control dials, customizable function buttons, and a large 3.0″ 1,037k-dot LCD monitor. The LCD features a 180° tilting design for self-portraits and is also a touchscreen for more intuitive control over camera settings, menu navigation, and playback.
- While compact in size, the CX format of the 1 J5 also affords compatibility with a wide range of lenses. Besides native 1-series lenses, the camera can also be paired with the optional FT1 mount adapter for working with any F mount lens with maintained VR and autofocus.
- snapbridge Wi-Fi Connectivity with NFC: Supporting a wealth of sharing and tagging possibilities, the 1 J5 features built-in snapbridge Wi-Fi connectivity to enable seamless transfer of imagery as well as remote shooting capabilities. Once the Nikon Wireless Mobile Utility app has been installed on an Android or iOS mobile device, you can use that device to browse the contents of the memory card, select images, and seamlessly transfer files between devices for immediate sharing online. Additionally, the mobile device can remotely trigger the shutter and display a live view image from the camera to enable working from a distance. NFC (Near Field Communication) is also supported to provide a quick and simple tap-to-connect method for linking your mobile devices with the camera.
- 1 NIKKOR VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 PD-ZOOM Lens: Included with the camera body is the versatile 1 NIKKOR VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 PD-ZOOM lens; a wide-angle to portrait-length zoom providing a 27-81mm equivalent focal length range. The Power-Drive zoom mechanism affords smooth and precise control over the zoom placement, making it ideal for use when recording videos. Built-in VR image stabilization works to minimize the appearance of camera shake to benefit working with longer shutter speeds. Additionally, the lens’ compact form factor is complemented by a built-in lens cover, alleviating the need for a lens cap.
- Picture Control modes allow you to set predefined looks to imagery in-camera and include Standard, Neutral, Vivid, Monochrome, Portrait, and Landscape. Selected Picture Control modes can also be refined for an even more personalized look.
- Active D-Lighting helps to preserve both highlight and shadow details when working in contrast-rich scenarios, such as backlit lighting. Utilizing the EXPEED 5A’s processing power, a more controlled image will be produced with brightness values closer to how they are naturally seen. This mode is suitable for working with moving subjects.
- Creative Modes offer an in-camera solution for adjusting the look of your stills or video: Pop, Retro, High-contrast monochrome, Nostalgic Sepia, HDR, Soft, Easy panorama, Miniature effect, Selective color, Cross process, Toy camera effect, Cross screen, Fisheye, Skin softening, Night landscape, Night portrait, Landscape, Close-up, and Portrait.
- Glamour Retouch modes allow you to adjust and enhance the look of subjects’ faces: Skin Softening, Small Face, Big Eyes, Brighten Faces, Hide Eye Bags, Whiten Eyes, Whiten Teeth, and Redden Cheeks.
- Language support: Arabic, Bengali, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese (European and Brazilian), Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, and Vietnamese.
|Compatible Memory Card||microSD/microSDHC/microSDXC|
|Sensor Type||CMOS 13.2mm x 8.8mm|
|LCD Monitor Type||Rear Touchscreen Tilting LCD|
|LCD Screen Size||3.0″|
|Connectivity||HDMI C (Mini), USB 2.0|
|Exposure Modes||Aperture Priority, Auto, Manual, Program, Shutter Priority Compensation: -3 EV to +3 EV (in 1/3 EV steps)|
|Battery||1x EN-EL24 Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery Pack, 7.2 VDC, 850 mAh|
|Dimensions||3.9 x 2.4 x 1.2 In. / 98.3 x 59.7 x 31.5 mm|
|Auto Focus||Auto & Manual|
|Continuous Shooting Speed||Up to 60 fps|
|Flash Type||Auto, Auto/Red-eye Reduction, Commander, Commander/Red-eye Reduction, Forced On, Forced On/Red-eye Reduction, Rear Curtain Sync/Red-eye, Reduction, Rear Sync, Slow Sync, Slow Sync/Red-eye Reduction, Suppressed Flash|
|Video Resolution||1080 HD|
|Max Flash Sync Speed||1 / 60 sec|
|Focal Length||10 – 30 mm, Comparable 35mm Focal Length: 27 – 81 mm|
|Aperture Range||Maximum: f/3.5 – 5.6, Minimum: f/16|
|Minimum Focus Distance||7.87 In. (20 cm)|