Up to now, digital SLRs simply replaced film with an electronic imaging device, which did not significantly change the products in terms of size, weight and user interface. The new, revolutionary mirrorless camera, the OM-D E-M5, has an exceptionally light and compact body. Its Electronic View Finder enables photographers to check exposure levels, white balance and preview Art Filter effects in real-time. When shooting, the photographer can instantly “create” a truly unique world and preserve it in exceptional quality. The “world” will be transformed from something you see to something you “take part” in.
- ELECTRONIC VIEWFINDER – The OM-D’s new high-resolution electronic viewfinder (EVF) features a 100% field-of-view coverage and 1.15x maximum magnification that let you totally immerse yourself in your subject, and actively control image creation. The EVF also enables you to enlarge the focus point for precision focusing in virtually any shooting situation, and can show you the effect of Highlight & Shadow Control, White Balance, Exposure Compensation, Aspect Ratio, and a host of other settings and advanced digital image processing functions right in the viewfinder. With improved precision and responsiveness that make it as easy to use as an optical viewfinder, the OM-D’s advanced EVF gives you virtually unlimited creative control.
- HIGH IMAGE QUALITY – Three key factors contribute to the OM-D’s unprecedented image quality: a wide lineup of M.ZUIKO DIGITAL lenses for sharp, clear subject capture, a new 16-megapixel Live MOS image sensor for rich tonal expression, and an advanced TruePic VI image processor for superb color fidelity. The optimal balance of these factors ensures the high resolution, sensitivity, and color accuracy you need to brilliantly capture the world around you.
- FAST AF – The world’s fastest AF system, FAST AF, has been made even faster and more accurate on the OM-D. Improved new 3D Tracking AF assures you won’t miss the moment even when subjects move toward or away from you, and the new high-sensitivity image sensor ensures superior AF performance even in dim light. *Among digital cameras with interchangeable lenses available as of February 8, 2012, when using the OLYMPUS M. ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12-50mm F3.5-6.3 EZ lens with the E-M5, based on Olympus in-house measurement conditions.
- 9 FPS HIGH-SPEED SEQUENTIAL SHOOTING – Thanks to the new 16-megapixel Live MOS image sensor’s high-speed read-out performance, the OM-D offers maximum sequential shooting at 9 fps, making it easy to capture sports action or fast-moving subjects such as pets and wildlife. In addition, a compact new high-speed shutter mechanism enables the OM-D to offer this performance without compromising the handling advantages of a light and compact body.
- 5-AXIS IMAGE STABILIZATION – The OM-D is equipped with the world’s first 5-axis image stabilization system, and can compensate for vertical, horizontal, and rotational camera shake that conventional 2-axis systems of the past have been unable to handle. Built into the camera body to ensure effective stabilization with all lenses, its unique 5-axis design makes it particularly effective when taking high-magnification telephoto shots, macro close-ups, and long exposures. In addition, it can be activated by pressing the shutter button halfway, so you can also use it to stabilize the viewfinder image and obtain a crisp, clear view of your subject that makes it easy to frame and compose your shots.
- DUST-PROOF & SPLASH-PROOF CONSTRUCTION – Trouble-free shooting in all environments is assured by our proven dust-proof and splash-proof technology. Numerous specially constructed seals throughout the body protect the camera from sand, dust, rain, and water spray, making it ideal for all kinds of outdoor shooting. What’s more, this protection extends to the M.ZUIKO ED 12-50mm F3.5-6.3 EZ lens, the bundled detachable flash unit, and the optional HLD-6 grip and power battery holder.
- TILTING 3-INCH OLED TOUCHSCREEN – In addition to offering dial and button controls, the OM-D is the first Olympus camera to feature a tilting touchscreen monitor for intuitive fingertip operation. The 3-inch OLED touchscreen delivers high-resolution images of your subject with rich color reproduction. It also responds instantly to your touch with fast operation that makes it easy to focus on subjects, play back images, and adjust settings such as exposure and white balance.
- LENSES AND ACCESSORIES – In addition to its new electronic motorized M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12-50mm F3.5-6.3 EZ lens with quiet, linear drive AF, the OM-D is supported by an ever-expanding range of wide-angle, macro, portrait, and telephoto Micro Four Thirds M.ZUIKO DIGITAL lenses. System accessories include cases, straps, filters, external flash units, and mount adapters for Four Thirds System lenses and OM System lenses.
|EV (in 1/3 EV steps)|
|Battery||BLN-1 Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery|
|Dimensions||4.9 x 3.3 x 1.8″ / 12.4 x 8.4 x 4.6 cm|
|Continuous Shooting Speed||Up to 10 fps|
|Flash Type||External: Auto, Fill-in, Off, Red-eye Reduction|
|Video Resolution||1080 HD|