The Sony Alpha a7S II Mirrorless Digital Camera Body the world’s first interchangeable-lens camera to feature both 5-axis optical image stabilization (effective for all types of camera shake) and a 35mm full-frame image sensor. The 7II can compensate for camera shake when using not only E-mount lenses, but also A-mount and other lenses, allowing users to fully take advantage of the maximum capabilities of their lenses. It also expands the range of expression for handheld shooting. The 24.3-effective-megapixel 35mm full-frame Exmor CMOS sensor works together with a BIONZ X image processing engine to deliver extremely high image quality when shooting still images and movies. The 7II also offers a Fast Hybrid AF system that is remarkably fast for a full-frame camera AF system. Its advanced tracking performance captures your subject and doesn’t let go. Other features include versatile movie functions, Wi-Fi/NFC, Play Memories Camera Apps and sophisticated operability.
- 5-axis image stabilization – The remarkable new 5-axis image stabilization system dramatically expands your range of expression by compensating for five types of camera shake during handheld shooting of still images and movies. So you can confidently zoom in faraway subjects, snap detailed close-ups and capture night scenes with minimal camera shake blur. Since camera shake compensation is equivalent to using a 4.5-step faster shutter speed, you can also take advantage of a wider range of shutter speeds. All this, within super compact dimensions!
- High-performance Fast Hybrid AF – Sony’s newly enhanced Fast Hybrid AF system delivers extremely highspeed response, highly accurate prediction and wide area coverage for autofocusing and tracking you can always depend on. Remarkably fast for a full-frame camera AF system, it ensures maximum speed by optimally employing phase detection or contrast detection AF depending on the scene. Whenever fleeting photo opportunities arise, you can always depend on state of the art Fast Hybrid AF.
- WIDE Extensive coverage keeps AF right on track – Fast Hybrid AF smoothly tracks fast moving subjects nearly anywhere on the screen thanks to a wide-area 117-point focal plane phase-detection AF sensor. When contrast-detection AF is employed, 25 high-speed, high precision contrast-detection AF points ensure exceptional AF performance.
- FAST AF captures your subject without fail – Auto focusing is amazingly fast. Just point, shoot and let Sony’s sophisticated Fast Hybrid AF system instantly capture your fast-moving subject with razor-sharp clarity. Speedy phase-detection AF, highly accurate contrast detection AF and high-speed BIONZ X image processing contribute to outstanding AF performance, while a more advanced algorithm enhances the accuracy of subject detection, leading to optimization of lens drive movement that results in a 30% faster AF speed.
- STEADFAST 5fps AF/AE shooting with accurate tracking – When your subject is moving fast, you can beautifully capture the decisive moment with sharp, well-exposed results via 5fps continuous AF/AE shooting. A dramatically improved algorithm accurately predicts subject movement so you can steadfastly track the subject with 1.5x more accurate performance when shooting continuously. 117 focal plane phase-detection AF points ensure accurate tracking over a wide area for up to 77 frames (JPEG Fine L) at 5fps. Moreover, a continuous AF Display lets you confirm which AF point is active.
- 35mm full-frame 24.3-megapixel Exmor CMOS sensor – The 35mm full-frame Exmor CMOS image sensor delivers beautiful images from corner to corner and stunning 24.3-megapixel resolution that’s ideal for large-format prints. You’ll enjoy low noise, an extremely wide dynamic range, and amazingly rich and subtle gradations. Moreover, innovations that could only be achieved by Sony (one of the world’s leading image sensor developers) reproduce details more faithfully so that every scene looks incredibly real.
- BIONZ X image processing engine – The high-speed BIONZ X image processing engine faithfully reproduces textures and details in real time, as seen by the naked eye, via extra high-speed processing capabilities. Together with front-end Large Scale Integration that accelerates processing in the earliest stages, it enables more natural details, more realistic images, richer tonal gradations and lower noise whether you shoot still images or movies.
- Detail reproduction technology and diffraction-reducing technology – Detail reproduction technology depicts details more faithfully with a more natural sense of dimension, while diffraction-reducing technology suppresses the effects of diffraction to faithfully reproduce fine details even when shooting at small aperture settings.
- Area-specific noise reduction – Area-specific noise reduction selectively divides the image into areas based on patterns (such as edges, textures and flat areas like blue skies), then applies the most appropriate noise reduction for each area to markedly reduce noise and achieve a new level of clarity.
- 16-bit image processing and 14-bit RAW output – 16-bit image processing and 14-bit RAW output help preserve maximum detail and produce images of the highest quality with rich tonal gradations. The 14-bit RAW (Sony ARW) format ensures optimal quality for later image adjustment (via Image Data Converter or other software).
- Enhanced grip and shutter button – The grip is refined in shape and height to support a more secure grasp of the camera even when a large lens is mounted. This also contributes to more confident operation of the shutter button and dials. Moreover, the shutter button has been reshaped and shifted forward to enable more natural shooting with less camera shake.
- Meticulously crafted controls – Controls are refined for intuitive operation and immediate adjustment of parameters while viewing scenes through the viewfinder. In particular, the front and rear dials have been thoroughly refined and positioned with overall handling in mind to enable easier, more efficient turning. It’s a level of refinement that surpasses even the renowned operability of other a7 series models.
- Easy button customization – Button customization empowers you to shoot just the way you like, with frequently used functions assigned to the customizable buttons of your choice. You can easily assign any of 56 functions to any of 10 buttons to enjoy speedier, more intuitive operation and maximum convenince.
- High-contrast, high-resolution XGA OLED Tru-Finder – The XGA OLED Tru-Finder offers faithful reproduction and impressive visibility that contribute to stress-free, intuitive operation whether shooting still images or movies. You can accurately monitor what will appear in your final images because it faithfully displays the effects of your various camera settings. Moreover, an advanced 3-lens optical system ensures rich tonal gradation and extremely high contrast. High-end features like 100% frame coverage and a wide viewing angle are also provided.
- 40% faster startup – The a7S II starts almost immediately after sliding the power switch on. So when fleeting opportunities arise, there is no stressful delay just the response you need to capture the right moment.
- Convenient tiltable LCD screen – The LCD screen tilts upward approx. 107 degrees and downward approx. 41 degrees to accommodate wide-ranging shooting angles. This flexibility combines with compact mobility to greatly expand your shooting options. Viewing is also clear under direct sunlight thanks to WhiteMagic technology that nearly doubles the brightness of the display through a unique RGBW pixel structure for easier checking of the focus and image details.
- Robust magnesium alloy body – The remarkably compact and lightweight body is solidly built to withstand the rigors of shooting in the field. It’s the ideal blend of light weight, solid reliability and steady handling, thanks to a top cover, front cover and internal structure constructed of rigid magnesium alloy.
|Effective Megapixels||Rs 24.30|
|Compatible Memory Card||SD, SDHC, SDXC, Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick Pro Duo, Memory Stick PRO HG-Duo|
|Sensor Type||TYPE 35 mm|
|ISO Sensitivity||100-25600 (Extended Mode: 50-25600)|
|LCD Monitor Type||Touchscreen Tilting LCD|
|LCD Screen Size||3.0″|
|Connectivity||1/8″ Headphone, 1/8″ Microphone, HDMI D (Micro), Micro-USB, Multi Interface Terminal|
|Viewfinder||Viewfinder Type 0.5 in-type electronic viewfinder (color)|
|Exposure Modes||AUTO (iAUTO, Superior Auto), Programmed AE (P), Aperture priority (A), Shutter-speed priority (S), Manual (M), Scene Selection, Sweep Panorama, Movie|
|Battery||NP-FW50 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack, 7.2VDC, 1080mAh|
|Dimensions||5.0 x 3.8 x 2.4″ / 126.9 x 95.7 x 59.7 mm|
|Auto Focus||Continuous-servo AF (C), Direct Manual Focus (DMF), Manual Focus (M), Single-servo AF (S)|
|Continuous Shooting Speed||Up to 5 fps|
|Video Resolution||1080 HD|
|Max Flash Sync Speed||1/250 seconds|