The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 IV Digital Camera is a professional grade camera packed in a point-and-shoot size. Inside the compact Sony RX100 IV is a large 20.1-megapixel 1″ Exmor RS CMOS sensor – a remarkable advance in image shooting possibilities. Use it to reveal the wonders of up to 40x super slow motion, super-high-speed 1/32000 sec. Anti-Distortion Shutter, 12,800 native ISO to improve clarity and image quality when working in dimly-lit conditions, 16 fps of continuous shooting and UHD 4K movie recording.
Once primarily on pro cams, an extremely high-frame-rate (HFR) movie recording of up to 960fps produces super slow motion of momentary movements invisible to human eyes. This feature has various settings to suit active subjects, so you can make pro-style movies of a “hidden” universe of movement all around you.
- ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* lens for high depiction – Large-diameter ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* 24-70mm1 F1.8-2.8 lens allows wide-angle shooting out to 24 mm. Maximum aperture of F2.8 brightness at the telephoto end enables shooting images without camera shake and subject motion blur and capturing photos (such as portraits) with beautiful background defocusing. ZEISS T* Coating reduces ghost and flare.
- 20.1 MP (effective) 1.0-type Exmor RS CMOS sensor – The world’s first 1.0-type stacked CMOS image sensor with DRAM chip enables up to 40x super slow motion and up to 1/32000 sec. super-high-speed shutter beyond human perception. The extended circuit features higher signal processing capacity and more than five times faster high-speed readout than conventional models.
- BIONZ X for superior detail and texture – Digital cameras convert light captured by their sensor into digital images. Since the engine that powers conversion is as important as your lens and sensor, the RX100 IV features the high-speed BIONZ X processor for more natural details, more realistic images, richer tonal gradations, and lower noise while shooting photos and movies.
- Super-high-speed shutter of 1/32000 sec. – This next-generation 1/32000 sec. super-high-speed Anti-Distortion Shutter works to minimize image distortion caused by the rolling shutter phenomenon. The extraordinarily fast shutter speed also allows you to produce photos with background defocusing using a large aperture setting even under extremely bright conditions at a maximum of EV 19.
- Up to 16fps continuous shooting without blackout – Thanks to the new super-high-speed image sensor-and despite its 20.1 MP8 high pixel count-the camera features accelerated readout speed that helps achieve continuous shooting up to 16fps. This lets you capture moments of fleeting beauty or facial expressions.
- Super slow motion4 at maximum of 40x – Using the mode dial to select HFR, it’s easy to create super slow motion movies containing split-second moments of action. Choose shooting frame rates of 960/1000fps, 480/500fps, or 240/250fps (NTSC/PAL), depending on which is most suitable for your needs. The end trigger mode also enables you to capture 2 or 4 seconds before the MOVIE button is pressed, letting you capture the decisive moment.
- Control ring for advanced photography – Convenient lens-mounted control ring allows you to operate pro-style manual control such as selecting shutter speed, aperture, and more for added creative command – another feature making this camera an ideal choice for serious photographers.
- Bright XGA OLED Tru-Finder for inspired shooting – High-contrast retractable electronic viewfinder (EVF) delivers high resolution equivalent to 2,359k dots. Stunning resolution and self-illumination allow the subtlest details to be displayed for precise composition. EVF eyepiece optics are treated with ZEISS T* Coating to reduce unwanted reflections for clear corner-to-corner visibility.
- 180ﾰ tiltable LCD screen for flexible composition – High-resolution 3.0-type screen with tilt capability is perfect for taking selfies and framing of otherwise impossible overhead or low-angle shots. You can use it in high/low shooting positions for greater flexibility in capturing creative compositions.
- Rapid AF response to capture decisive moments – The camera adopts Fast Intelligent AF featuring high-speed, highly accurate contrast-detection autofocus. Improved from the AF system used in a7 series, it achieves focus by minimizing wasted lens motion, predicting AF range, and accelerating lens drive, thereby improving response so you can capture even more fleeting moments.
- Connect to smartphones and tablets with one touch – Instantly transfer a photo or movie to your Android smartphone or tablet simply by touching it with the camera – using downloadable PlayMemories Mobile and built-in Wi-Fi and NFC (Near Field Communication). One touch can also activate Smart Remote Embedded, for remote control of the camera from a mobile device and movie recording start/stop.
- Direct 4K movie recording via camera alone – The RX100 IV can record high-precision 4K movie data. Moreover, stunning high-precision 4K images with suppressed moiré and jaggies can be delivered via data readout without pixel binning or line skipping.
- Shoot almost anywhere with wide ISO sensitivity – Sensitivity extends right up to ISO 12800, for crisper images in extremely low light. Let Auto ISO mode determine the most appropriate setting automatically, or manually expand sensitivity as low as ISO 80. The camera also allows you to set up lower limit shutter speed at time of Auto ISO setting.
- Custom button creative convenience – The custom (C) button allows you to program one of over 40 possible functions to best adapt the camera’s capabilities to your shooting style. By assigning a frequently used function or a preferred setting to this button, you can call it up promptly. You’ll gain handy fingertip access to your selection – for faster, more intuitive camera operation.
- Support for PlayMemories Camera Apps (PMCA) – Enjoy a camera that gains functionality with time. Choose from the growing range of PlayMemories Camera Apps for remote control, picture and video effects, and much more. Installation is simple using your PC or the camera’s own Wi-Fi connection.
- Various shutter functions now enhanced – Shutter-related functions have been improved. For example, the self-timer function now supports bracket shooting, so you can use this valuable feature even in situations when you can’t release the shutter yourself. The number of exposure bracket shots is expanded to nine.
- Bright Monitoring – This function that boosts image brightness, for example, can be assigned to a customizable button for easy access when shooting a starry sky or other dark scene.
- Dual Rec still shooting during movie recording – Shoot still images of 17 MP 12 while recording a movie. The camera enables you to capture impressive high-quality stills even if shooting movies. New Auto Dual Rec release function lets the camera automatically take photos during movie recording. Select frequency of Auto Dual Rec release from high/standard/low settings.
- Choose pro-quality XAVC S or AVCHD movie recording – Especially for serious videographers, XAVC S format provides low compression for high-quality movie expression and minimal noise even in scenes full of movement. You also have AVCHD format for easy editing and sharing. This camera uses 4K codec supporting 4K movie recording at up to 100 Mbps and additionally enables Full HD image recording.
- Lock-on AF for enhanced photo opportunities – Simply press the shutter button halfway to activate Lock-on AF. It automatically adjusts the AF target frame size to match the subject size. Improve tracking performance and take full advantage of every photo opportunity.
- MF Assist and Peaking functions for focus refinement – These features help you fine-tune the focus as you desire. Manual Focus (MF) Assist magnifies the area you are focusing on to enable more precise adjustment, while Peaking highlights the sharpest or most in-focus area with your choice of color to help determine whether further focusing adjustment is required.
- Diverse movie functions supporting pro-style usage – Various available movie functions include Picture Profile (that determines the character of movies by changing basic parameters like chromogenic effects and gradation adjustment), S-Log2 gamma (that extends the dynamic range of recording to reduce occurrence of blown-out highlights and black crush), TC/UB, Rec Control, Dual Video Recording, etc.
- Remote Camera Control supported – When the camera is connected to a computer, you can use Remote Camera Control to take pictures or change settings on the camera from the computer connected via USB port. All you need is to download the Remote Camera Control application of a version that supports your PC.
|Sensor Type||1″ (13.2 x 8.8 mm) CMOS|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 125-12800 (Extended Mode: 80-12800)|
|Exposure Modes||Aperture Priority, Intelligent Auto, Manual, Memory Recall, Movie, Panorama Shot, Programmed Auto, Scene Selection, Shutter Priority, Superior Auto|
|Dimensions||4.0 x 2.4 x 1.6″ / 101.6 x 61.0 x 40.6 mm|
|Battery||NP-BX1 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery|
|Connectivity||HDMI D (Micro), Micro-USB, USB 2.0|
|Compatible Memory Card||Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick PRO Duo, Secure Digital (SD/SDHC, SDXC) Card|
|LCD Monitor Type||LCD Rear Screen Tilt|
|LCD Screen Size||3.0″|
|Focal Length||8.8-25.7mm (35 mm equivalent: 24-70mm)|
|Aperture Range||f/1.8 (W) – 2.8 (T)|
|White Balance||Auto, Cloudy, Color Temperature Filter, Custom, Daylight, Flash, Fluorescent (Cool White), Fluorescent (Day White), Fluorescent (Daylight), Fluorescent (Warm White), Incandescent, Shade|
|Continuous Shooting Speed||Up to 16.0 fps at 20.1 MP|
There are no reviews yet.